– Have a private celebration before the big day with just them
– Include the children – whether as junior bridesmaids or groomsmen; have a special dance; have them give a speech (if they are older)
– Welcome your stepchildren into your new family – whether at the wedding ceremony, or in a speech at the reception
– Make the day about them, too!
– Include them in the vows
– Ask them to walk you down the aisle
– Involve them in some of the decision making processes. Take them along to pick out the dress, the cake, the flowers – anything that will make them feel part of your day.
A big thanks to Ashleigh & Chris for allowing me to use their photo!